- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use this information
- The choices we offer, including how to access, update and remove information
This is simple to maximize your understanding, but if you’re unfamiliar with terms like “cookies” or “IP addresses” please take some time to learn.
Personal Data or Personal Information: Refers to any information relating to you from which you can be identified, directly or indirectly, including your name, identification number, location, online identifier such as your IP address or device ID, or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Special Categories of Personal Data: Refers to data revealing your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and data concerning your health, sex life or sexual orientation.
Aggregated Data: Refers to Data in a summary form for statistical analysis. A common purpose of aggregation is to get more information about particular groups based on specific variables such as age, profession, or income level.
Pseudonymisation: Refers to processing of your personal data in a way that the personal data can no longer identify you without the use of additional information, so long as the additional information is kept separately and is subject to technical and organizational measures to prevent you from being identified or identifiable.
Third Party: refers to a person or company who is not a Host or another Network Member, and government bodies and public agencies and authorities. Third Parties include our service providers whom we authorize, through a data processing agreement, to process your personal data or information to help us with: development, maintenance, and support of our websites and mobile applications, marketing and advertising, marketing research and analysis, communications, and customer service. We do not permit our Third Party service providers to use your personal data for any other purpose. We do not share Personal Data with any person or company unless we have an agreement with them that controls their use of the data.
Processing or ‘Process: refers to any operation or set of operations performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, including by automatic methods, such as collecting, recording, organizing, structuring, storing, adapting or altering, retrieving, consulting, using, disclosing, transmitting, sharing or otherwise making available, aligning or combining, restricting, erasing or destroying.
‘Consent’; or ‘Agree’: means your freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous expression of your wishes through a statement or other clear affirmative action such as checking a box which indicates your agreement to our processing of personal data relating to you.
Your privacy is important to us, and important to a thriving community, so whether you’re new or a long-time user, please take the time to get to know our practices.
If you are not comfortable with this type of sharing, don’t use our Service. We collect Personal Data when you share it voluntarily.
Effective as of May 25, 2018
Subsidiary Organizations and Programs: Subsidiary Website:
DC Marketing Tech Talks www.dcmarketingtechtalks.com
MarTech Magnified www.martechmagnifed.com
Collection of Information
When you visit our web site, we may collect user-specific information on what pages you visited and information volunteered by you, such as survey information and/or site registrations, name and address, telephone number, credit card information and any other information you choose to provide. This site shall only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide by way of surveys, completed membership forms, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which is was requested and any additional uses specifically provided on this site.
Name and Email Address. When you register, we ask you for your real name and your email address. We use it to communicate with you about WaveLength and the DC Marketing Tech Talks Community. In addition, we may use this address to email you about products or services believed to be of interest to you.
Other Personal Data You Provide Directly. You may also provide us Personal Data when you use certain features of the Service such as participating in conversations or polls, contact us with inquiries, or respond to one of our surveys.
We also gather technology-oriented information about the type of browser, IP address, devices or operating systems to help us provide and maintain high quality services.
Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information About Your Location. From your IP address, we can tell generally where you are when you are accessing our Service, such as which city. We start by choosing a location for you based on the IP address of your Internet connection. You can update or remove this location at any time by logging in to your account on the Service.
Social Sharing Features: The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Information We Collect From Other Sources. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers and publicly available sources, and if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
Tech Market Analytics LLC dba WaveLength Market Analytics may collect and may make use of personal information for use in the operation of our web sites and ensure delivery of the services you need and requested. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to communicate with you of other possible providers and/or services that may be available to you from our web site and subsidiary web sites, namely www.wavelength-analytics.com, www.dcmarketingtechtalks.com, and www.martechmagnified.com. This also includes any domains that we re-direct to any one of these sites.
Specifically, we may use your personally identifiable information for:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to provide, maintain and improve our products and services
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, social media, or mail
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- We may use the information to customize websites according to your interests
- We may provide your information to our third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes if you bought a ticket to attend Marketing Tech Magnified Conference. These third party partners are event sponsors for the year of the event you attended.
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and virtual events as well as in-person events offered by Tech Market Analytics LLC dba WaveLength Market Analytics, DC Marketing Tech Talks and MarTech Magnified. and other partners, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services using Aggregated data.
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- We will never sell your information gathered from DCMarketingTechTalks.com and WaveLength-Analytics.com.
- We may give our partners your contact information for MarTechMagnified.com registrations.
WaveLength Market Analytics (wlanalytics.com and wavelength-analytics.com) and partners sites MartechMagnfied.com and DCMarketingTechTalks.com are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers with whom we have contracts who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf; Examples include emailing information to you, maintaining our website, databases and mobile applications, processing payments, marketing and advertising, marketing research and analysis, and customer service. When we employ another company to perform a function of this type, we only provide them with the Personal Data and Information they need to perform their specific function and we do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to perform the tasks we have asked them to do for us or to comply with legal requirements.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Tech Market Analytics LLC dba WaveLength Market Analytics, DC Marketing Tech Talks or others
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses, portions of businesses, or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets. Your Personal Data may be used in connection with or during negotiations of financing .
- We may disclose aggregated statistics in order to describe our Service to current and prospective business partners, and to our Third Party service providers for our legitimate interests and other lawful purposes.
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If you would like a list of the Third Parties we use to assist us with our personal data or information needs, please email us at email@example.com.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are visited. This helps analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website to better meet customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the websites.
Third-Party Cookies Used to Target Ads to You When You Use the Service or are on Other Websites. “Beacons” are transparent pixel images that are used in collecting information about website usage across websites and over time. We may use our own or third party cookies or beacons to target ads to you when you visit other websites. We may also work with other companies who use their cookies or beacons to target third party ads to you on other websites based on your prior visits on our website. This is called online behavioral advertising (“OBA”), because you receive ads based on your prior online behavior. We do not have access to these cookies; it is third parties who engage in OBA.
You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some of our Service features may not work properly without cookies. Most browsers accept cookies automatically but allow you to disable them. For more information on cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Your Personal Data Rights: You have rights regarding the Personal Data and Information we have about you. You may object to, or restrict, our collection, use, sharing, transfer and/or storage of your personal information. You may also request a copy of the information that we have about you. You may also ask us to correct or remove personal information you think is incorrect.
If you have registered for our sites, you may object, restrict, access, correct, or request deletion or a copy of some or all of your Personal Data or Information by logging in to your account.
If you would like to object, restrict, access, correct, delete, or request a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time.
Please note, we will keep your personal information for as long as necessary for us to provide marketing to you. We will also keep and use your personal data or information to comply with laws including tax laws and other applicable laws. We will also keep your Personal Data and Information as necessary for backup, archiving, audit, preventing fraud, resolving disputes, and troubleshooting problems.
If you are located in the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, please see also the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield section below about how to make complaints regarding personal data collected in the EU and transferred to the U.S. under the Privacy Shield Frameworks.
You may also make a privacy or data use complaint about us to the Data Protection Authority in the EU/EEA Member State where you live or work by visiting the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner list of Data Protection Authorities at https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/European-Functions-Useful-Links/b/99.htm. Our Data Protection Officer is at email@example.com.
You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some of our Service features may not work properly without cookies. Most browsers accept cookies automatically but allow you to disable them. For more information about cookies visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Your California Privacy Rights: California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that under the law, Services such as ours that permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing are not required to provide such information upon receiving a request, but rather may respond by notifying the user of his or her right to prevent the disclosure. To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com
Security: We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Children: Our websites do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use use or submit any Personal Data through our websites. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to our websites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look to delete that information from our databases.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out: If you do not to receive e-mail from us in the future, please click on the “unsubscribe” or “user preferences” link at the bottom of every e-mail we send you. You can also discontinue or unsubscribe to DCMarketingTechTalks.com and MarTechMagnified.com websites by sending an email that you wish to unsubscribe to DCMarTechTalks@gmail.com. You can also discontinue or unsubscribe to WaveLength Market Analytics website by sending an email that you wish to unsubscribe to email@example.com or complete our online form. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
We have no liability or responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of or other actions of any Integrated Service that may be enabled within the Service.